Elite Gamer Corps
Hey, you forget to login? No worries! Just do it now, so you don't forget to later.
Elite Gamer Corps
Hey, you forget to login? No worries! Just do it now, so you don't forget to later.
Elite Gamer Corps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elite Gamer Corps

One world.. Ours for the taking.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Latest topics
» Back after the erase
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:32 pm by iLegendaryy

» Where is everyone?
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:52 pm by AveloreFlamewing

» YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:21 am by Guest

» Mclaren's Punishment for lying
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:05 am by Guest

» Call of Duty 5
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 pm by Guest

» DERKA HAS BEEN RISEN FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:24 am by Guest

» Should I get GRID?
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:41 am by Guest

» Warhawk clan members please read
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:55 pm by Guest

» where is everyone?
Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:37 pm by Guest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
AveloreFlamewing
Ubuntu or Linux. Vote_lcapUbuntu or Linux. Voting_barUbuntu or Linux. Vote_rcap 
iLegendaryy
Ubuntu or Linux. Vote_lcapUbuntu or Linux. Voting_barUbuntu or Linux. Vote_rcap 

Ubuntu or Linux.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:27 am

Well, recently i've been thinking maybe I wanna try Unbuntu or Linux.. Has anyone had any first-hand experience with these OS's?? If so, please tell me if it's worth using over Vista, etc. (I have a windows comp) scratch
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:39 am

ha, this site works good on OSX(Mac) and I am pretty shure you have some experience with linux. and I have no idea about Unbuntu, but I can research it and tell you about it if you want
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:37 am

Yeah.. I was just thinking maybe I'd get one or the other just sometime when I'm bored. (although the download takes a lifetime.. -_-)
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:50 pm

yes, downloads for those kinds of things take quite a while lol!
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Dog   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:49 am

Hey,
Try Yellow Dog Linux. I have it on mine and it runs almost seamlessly. Downloading new apps for it is a real bugger though so don't try doing too much with it unless you are really big on technical computer stuff like I'm not.
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 pm

that's a good suggestion, we will try it.
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 am

There are also TONS of guides if you get stuck on a part of it. If you're on an SDTV like I am then the screen will appear to "shake" but you get used to it quickly. It's pretty much replaced my old computer as well. Also, don't expect much for media and such. The flash player, Gnash, does NOT work and thus will not work on Youtube or anything else that uses flash. Even some mpegs are a little shady as to wether or not they work and I believe .wmv is virtually out of the question. Has a bunch of cool designing things though and is a good way to start learning code for programming your own apps if you so please. As I've said before, I'm not big on computers so I haven't been able to get the hang of it yet.
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:19 pm

oh, ok cool
Back to top Go down
AveloreFlamewing
Admin
Admin
AveloreFlamewing

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:38 pm

I think Vista is just fine, for me. Sure it can be shite at the best of times, but you get used to it.

I found that it's more like a human being than a computer: When you bring it back from sleep, it takes AGES for it to realise you gave it a command. XD
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:24 am

D votes no linux. You will get more freedom, but allot of programs you will have to find mirrors for.
Back to top Go down
AveloreFlamewing
Admin
Admin
AveloreFlamewing

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:30 pm

My friend uses Linux, and he says he has no problems with apps and stuff. He worships linux like a God, is probably why.
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:45 am

I'm not clever enough for these forums all I know is that my laptop is white
Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:20 am

haha, is ti an apple? or the white Vaio?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ubuntu or Linux. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu or Linux.   Ubuntu or Linux. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ubuntu or Linux.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Gamer Corps :: General :: Geek Forums-
Jump to: